16 odpovědí na toto téma

#1 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 563 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 05 červen 2006 - 22:26

I would like inform that we are start up new Opencaching server in Poland. Our address is http://www.opencaching.pl

#2 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 563 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 05 červen 2006 - 23:21

I would like inform that we are start up new Opencaching server in Poland. Our address is http://www.opencaching.pl

hm, you have a few caches there and there will be an other server... Most of geocachers here in Czech republic are playing the geocaching at gc.com site, is there any reason for the opencaching server there? I am just curious... Opencaching.cz is a dead site (my opinion only) with no reason. Anyway, greetings to the Poland and I am happy that geocaching is rising there :)

#3 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 563 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 06 červen 2006 - 8:10

Vzhledem k počtu polských keší a jejich hustotě se mi to jeví býti poněkud zvláštní...

#4 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 563 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 05 červen 2006 - 23:26

hm, you have a few caches there and there will be an other server...

Yes, we have only a few caches because our server are running only 2 weeks. And now most people moving own caches from gecaching.com to OC PL.

#5 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 563 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 05 červen 2006 - 23:42

Yes, we have only a few caches because our server are running only 2 weeks. And now most people moving own caches from gecaching.com to OC PL.

I meant a few caches on geocaching.com... What is a reason for this moving process? Will you keep the caches also on gc.com?

#6 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 563 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 06 červen 2006 - 8:13

I meant a few caches on geocaching.com... What is a reason for this moving process? Will you keep the caches also on gc.com?

Because Opencaching is opensource project and for this reason we are transalte all system to Polish language (OC are multilanguage). OC is user friendly system and we can decide about how look our system, and which rules are valid. I can download wyapoint in many formats: GPX LOC KML OV2 OVL We can change any elements system and add any new useful possibillity to this system. In future all servers OC will be synchronise database. One word about OC: it is open platform to bulid own local server for geocaching and local geocachers can decide how look their own local geocahing system.

#7 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 563 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 06 červen 2006 - 10:25

Because Opencaching is opensource project and for this reason we are transalte all system to Polish language (OC are multilanguage). OC is user friendly system and we can decide about how look our system, and which rules are valid. I can download wyapoint in many formats: GPX LOC KML OV2 OVL We can change any elements system and add any new useful possibillity to this system. In future all servers OC will be synchronise database. One word about OC: it is open platform to bulid own local server for geocaching and local geocachers can decide how look their own local geocahing system.

well it is up to you :) for me it is just another attempt which will not survive, but maybe I am wrong :)

#8 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 563 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 06 červen 2006 - 10:56

we are transalte all system to Polish language (OC are multilanguage).

This seems like great idea, but users are not multilanguage. As You can see, we are speaking here in english to understand each other, even if I believe I can understand some (bit) polish :-). Description of cache in polish or czech language in fact are nothing for cachers from Germany or Nederland and "vice versa :-)". The same source of informations (GC.COM) for everybody and the same rules all around the world is the guaranty for all cachers to know how and where in every country. Just my opinion :-).

#9 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 563 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 06 červen 2006 - 11:24

Another country on its way to isolation like Hungary. I'm planning trip to Wroclaw in july, so I looked for nearby caches yesterday. I was really disappointed there are so few caches in so large country and if your project will be successful, there will be even fewer of them available to foreign geocachers. So stay local and closed to trackable items (even with opensource system). I'm just sad that another nearby geocaching area will be unavailable to us.

PS: We had have local geocaching page here in Slovakia independent of GC.com but it was completly rebuilt and connected to GC.com cache database. And now we see it's much better. Isn't it way also for you?

#10 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 563 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 06 červen 2006 - 12:56

I was really disappointed there are so few caches in so large country and if your project will be successful, there will be even fewer of them available to foreign geocachers. So stay local and closed to trackable items (even with opensource system). I'm just sad that another nearby geocaching area will be unavailable to us.

OK We are start with geocaching in Polnad and for this reason we have small number caches (did you remeber when geocaching start in your country ? how many caches were hiden in this time ?)We are not going to isolate we are open to other geocachers but in 99% cases all geocachers looking hiden caches in own country. I have look on Geocaching.com caches in Czech Rep. and in most cases description are in czech language, how many foreigen geocachres know czech language ? if you don't put english description about caches in some caces it is very difficult find this cache especially mulichaes etc. by foreigen geocachers. I send on this forum info about Opencaching new Polnad server only for info but not for discusion about what database are better. Thank you for all any coments and good luck.

#11 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 563 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 06 červen 2006 - 13:27

OK We are start with geocaching in Polnad and for this reason we have small number caches (did you remeber when geocaching start in your country ? how many caches were hiden in this time ?)
We are not going to isolate we are open to other geocachers but in 99% cases all geocachers looking hiden caches in own country. I have look on Geocaching.com caches in Czech Rep. and in most cases description are in czech language, how many foreigen geocachres know czech language ? if you don't put english description about caches in some caces it is very difficult find this cache especially mulichaes etc. by foreigen geocachers.
I send on this forum info about Opencaching new Polnad server only for info but not for discusion about what database are better. Thank you for all any coments and good luck.

I agree with you that all descriptions should be in both languages, I am doing it in all my cache descriptions and I translated a lot of desriptions for other geocachers too (as my colleagues also). There is no problem that you are starting in Poland and therefore there is not too much caches - it is normal. I think there is no problem with opencaching until people will list also all their caches at gc.com - if there will be only caches listed on opencaching and not on the gc.com too, it means the travelbugs and geocoins (the travellers) will become missing as it is for example in Hungary, which is the European Black hole for the travellers due to the dual systems. Did you consider this?

#12 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 563 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 06 červen 2006 - 13:56

it means the travelbugs and geocoins (the travellers) will become missing as it is for example in Hungary, which is the European Black hole for the travellers due to the dual systems. Did you consider this?

No because TB have separate tracking system not directtly connected with cache, only use cache to waiting for next hop to other cache :-). If any user find TB in cache in Poland registered on OC PL he send info about this TB on GC.com where was find etc info and put to other caches next time. Because TB is GC.com system and they can exist independently on caches tracking system. For example if I found geolutin (www.geolutins.com) in OC PL cache I know where I must write info about place Geolutin because this info is describe on geolutin. What hapen when you find geolutin on cache registered on GC.com, is it GC.com is Black Hole for Geolutin ? no , it is the same problem like TB in cache registered on OC PL. That for TB GC.com others caches tracking system are not Black Hole for their exist :-)
Many other systems of travle things are exist and remember that world not end on Geocaching.com :-)

#13 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 563 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 06 červen 2006 - 14:33

No because TB have separate tracking system not directtly connected with cache, only use cache to waiting for next hop to other cache :-). If any user find TB in cache in Poland registered on OC PL he send info about this TB on GC.com where was find etc info and put to other caches next time. Because TB is GC.com system and they can exist independently on caches tracking system. For example if I found geolutin (www.geolutins.com) in OC PL cache I know where I must write info about place Geolutin because this info is describe on geolutin. What hapen when you find geolutin on cache registered on GC.com, is it GC.com is Black Hole for Geolutin ? no , it is the same problem like TB in cache registered on OC PL. That for TB GC.com others caches tracking system are not Black Hole for their exist :-)
Many other systems of travle things are exist and remember that world not end on Geocaching.com :-)

I do not agree with you, the tb system is connected with gc.com system, if I will place TB into the cache which is not registered at gc.com, I cannot virtually place it there at gc.com, that is simply not true. There is a different system at geolutins, you can place them everywere, you just put the coordinates where it is on the geolutins webpage, but you cannot do it with TBs. That is the difference and that is why the other systems could be a possible danger for travellers.

#14 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 563 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 06 červen 2006 - 15:12

I do not agree with you, the tb system is connected with gc.com system,

If it is true, it is problem GC.com produce system TB connected with caches registered on GC.com but I think that GC.com make busines on TB for this reason connect tracking system caches with TB. If you want to drive BMW no problem, we can drive other cars. The world not end on GC.com We have other free solution trvaling things :-). Maby GC.com want to be monoply in geocaching.
OK, we must remember that gecaching is hobby for geocachers not busines :-)

#15 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 563 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 06 červen 2006 - 15:21

well, gc.com costs also lots of money, but it is the other question, I do not want to argue with you about open source databases and other. There is no problem with other databases except the one with I mentioned with the TBs, otherwise I do not mind about it (and do not care also :)

#16 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 563 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 06 červen 2006 - 15:50

OK Thanks for interesting dicussion about geocaching and good luck gentelmen. Best regards from Poland.

#17 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 563 příspěvků(y)

Publikováno 06 červen 2006 - 17:42

OK Thanks for interesting dicussion about geocaching and good luck gentelmen. Best regards from Poland.

do widzenia :)

0 uživatel(ů) prochází toto téma

0 uživatelů, 0 návštěvníků 0 anonymních uživatelů

Reklama